CHANNAHON COUNCIL 12863
email: [email protected]
Thanks to the efforts of Father Michael J. McGivney, assistant pastor of St. Mary’s Church in New Haven and some of his parishioners, the Connecticut state legislature on March 29, 1882, officially chartered the Knights of Columbus as a fraternal benefit society. The Order is still true to its founding principles of charity, unity and fraternity.
The Knights was formed to render financial aid to members and their families. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to sick, disabled and needy members and their families. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.
The history of the Order shows how the foresight of Father Michael J. McGivney, whose cause for sainthood is being investigated by the Vatican, brought about what has become the world's foremost Catholic fraternal benefit society. The Order has helped families obtain economic security and stability through its life insurance, annuity and long-term care programs, and has contributed time and energy worldwide to service in communities.
The Knights of Columbus has grown from several members in one council to more than 14,000 councils and 1.8 million members throughout the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Mexico, Poland, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Cuba, Guatemala, Guam and Saipan
Meeting Time: 6 PM Dinner ~ 6:30 PM Meeting Starts
Meeting Day: 3rd Tuesday of each month
Location : Parish Hall at Saint Ann Catholic Church
- Financial Aid to St. Ann Parish
- Financial Aid to Parish Organizations
- Financial Aid to Seminarians
- Baptismal Rose Program
- Active in St. Ann Ministries: Members are encouraged to serve as Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers, Ushers, Catechists, and participate in other Parish organizations.
- Corporate Communion: Held quarterly on the fifth Sunday of the month at rotating Mass times. All members, their families and other parishioners are urged to participate, and to join in the recitation of the Rosary immediately after Mass.
- Bi-Annual Women;s Appreciation Brunch for women of the parish, and Annual Wedding Anniversary Mass
- Support for Venture Crew
- Support Teen Youth Group at St. Ann
- Channahon Festival Parade
- Support for community organizations
- Tootsie Roll Drive held in September
- Quarterly Community Blood Drives
- Christmas Party
- Summertime social activities
- Lenten Fish Fries, each Friday in lent excluding Good Friday
- Fourth Degree Honor Guards
Grand Knight: Bill Frauenheim
Deputy Grand Knight: John Behling
Chancellor: Dave McAtee
Financial Secretary: Dan Lupton
Treasure: Phil Roberts
Warden: Bruce Graham
Recorder: Doug Overbeck
Inside Guard: Ralph Huggins
Outside Guard: Chris Chesson
One Year Trustee: Ken Jados
Two Year Trustee: Wayne Chesson
Three Year Trustee: Jim Prosise
Lecturer: Rich Brewers
Chaplain: Father. Peter Jarosz
Advocate: Howard Nelson