Hearing Assistance during Mass
We have installed an assistive hearing system in our Church called AudioFetch. This system will help people who might be having trouble hearing the spoken word while ATTENDING mass. Our sound system now broadcasts via WiFi in addition to the normal broadcast via the speakers in our Church.
This means that your smartphone, tablet or any WiFi-enabled device can receive the audio from our mass in the Nave of the Church. All you need to do is install a free app on your WiFi-enabled device. Android and Apple IOS are both supported by this technology.
You can listen to mass in one of two ways.
- You can plug headphones or earbuds into the audio jack of your WiFi-enabled device or
- You can use Bluetooth to send the audio signal to paired devices, such as Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids.
You control the volume of the broadcast based on your personal preferences. The system's audio contains only those sounds that are received by our sound system’s microphones. This removes echoes, background noises, etc. which provides for a very clear audio signal without any discernible delay in your reception of the audio.
Setup - Using AudioFetch is a straightforward process much like using other apps on your phone or tablet.
- Before you come to St. Ann Parish to celebrate Mass
- Go to Google Play or the Apple App Store
- Download the AudioFetch app
- When you are at the doors to the Nave of the Church (the doors between the Narthex and the Nave of the Church) or inside the Nave of the Church, you can connect your WiFi-enabled device to the broadcast by
- Connecting to the “StAnn_Hearing” WiFi Network. Just select StAnn_Hearing from the list of networks on your device.
- Open the AudioFetch app
- Please note that you will not hear anything until sound is broadcast through our sound system at the start of Mass. This typically begins when the cantor reads the introduction to the mass.
Click on the link below for YOUR SMART PHONE DEVICE:
1. Apple IOS Devices
2. Android Devices